2nd full day in Paris, Dec. 2

Today we rose early again & walked to another little cafe for breakfast. I ordered the crepes with fruits rouge (strawberries & raspberries) & coffee American. Bill had the omelette champignon (mushroom omelet), & Willie had the salade du fruits rouge. Everything was delicious, of course.

We rebundled ourselves for the cold & walked over to the Notre Dame Cathedral, which was gorgeous & huge. It was quite dark inside, though, & there were lots of people. I tried to take a bunch of pics, but not too many turned out because of the dark. (I have to say, though, that St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome was much more impressive on the inside. Both places were really interesting.)

By this time when we went back outside, we were all frozen & tired of the wind whipping around our necks & down through our coats, so we hurried over to a souvenir shop to buy wool scarves. These helped quite a bit. Willie was actually already wearing a scarf & a hat, but she bought another scarf & wrapped it around the first one, & then even put up her hood! She was still cold, though.

Then we walked over to Les Arts Decoratifs & viewed the exhibits there, including the fashion design exhibit. It featured designers such as Alexander McQueen, Martin Margiela, Dries Van Noten, Issey Miyake, Prada, Hussein Chalayan, John Galliano, Vivienne Westwood, Chanel by Karl Lagerfeld, Jean Paul Gaultier, etc. This exhibit was VERY good. There were videos of each designer’s clothes being shown on the runway in the background. I was so busy looking at everything that I forgot to take pics. Sorry!

For lunch, we went to a pretty restaurant called Angelina. It was somewhat similar to Laduree, in that it featured all kinds of specially prepared foods and colorful desserts. (I had the quiche with leeks, white hot chocolate, & lemon sorbet.) We were all so full we could barely move, but we did manage to bundle up & head back outside.

Somewhere along the line, we walked past the Louvre & took some pics. We didn’t go inside, however, because we just didn’t have time. Bill had seen it 30 yrs. ago, & he said it was so big it was just overwhelming & that we’d need at least a week to get through it. We’ll have to hit it next time!

We had planned to go see the Sacre’ Coeur Basilica, but all of us were too cold. We decided to head back to the hotel so Willie could take a hot bath before we had to venture back out for dinner.

Willie was excited to take us to a restaurant she had read about. It was called Olio Pane Vino, & it is owned by a Sicilian couple from Catania, south of Taormina. Their food was authentic Sicilian, of course. We had a nice final dinner to top off our wonderful stay in Paris!